Thursday, April 13, 2006

Manhattan Melodrama

Spent last Saturday night with Clark, William & Myrna watching Manhattan Melodrama. Excellent film - kept me sucked in the entire time.

First off, I would like to say that I have decided I like Clark Gable. I had always ignored his stuff simply because I didn't like Gone With the Wind (gasp). Ok, back to the subject at hand.

Great flick about two lifelong, orphan friends growing up to become Governor (William Powell) and racketeer (Clark Gable). Gable (Blackie) gets charged for murder and gets the death penalty. Of course, once Powell becomes Governor, I'm screaming in the back of my head "PARDON TIME!" No such luck. Gable (Blackie) decides to fry instead.

A good one - go watch it. Grabbed it off TCM. I don't think it's on DVD yet, but was put out on VHS.

No comments: