Monday, April 10, 2006

'Silky' Smooth

The Earl of Chicago is one of my favorite Robert Montgomery movies. To this day, I think the ending was way unfair...

Larger photo here.

Here's the caption on the back of the photo:
HE LOOKS LIKE THE TWELFTH EARL OF GORLEY...But underneath he's still Silky Kilmount, Chicago gangster, just a guttersnipe lord. It's the most unusual starring role of Robert Montgomery's career in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's "The Earl of Chicago," the different screen story of a thug who becomes a nobleman. Victor Saville brings the film to the screen, directed by Richard Thorpe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tend to love bob best when he isn't playing the man about town pretty boy. and i quite enjoy hearing him speak in that broad new york gangsta voice.;)

i remember seeing that film for the first time and thinking "this is not how this is suppose to end!"

Anonymous said...

The gangster accent is too much. I usually go around for two days after seeing the movie with his "yeh" in my mind...

Anonymous said...

yeah, i guess he does overdue it tad....but it still cracks me up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Agh...wrong button. I should clarify...the accent is too funny. I loved it. Naw, never too much :0) I'm sad. I popped the movie into the machine last night after all this talk...

Anonymous said...

I popped the movie into the machine last night after all this talk..

taha....i had started on biography of a bachelor girl yesterday, after our talking about it. but now i sense i'll be fast forwarding to earl... tonight too.;)