Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Who'll give me 40? 75? 137.50?

 Recently, a still from Mr. & Mrs. Smith was sold on eBay for $137.50.  It was a great photo and all, capturing David (Bob) and Ann (Carole) in the bedroom brawl at the beginning of the movie.  BUT!!! $137.50 ... are you kidding me?  I'm guessing two Lombard fans drove the bidding up so high.  I certainly hope that was the case.  Why, you ask.  Because I can't afford to shell out that kind of money for Bob stuff!  It's bad enough having to compete with Norma Shearer and Joan Crawford collectors.  Control yourselves people, inflation is bad enough!  

 Good Smith photos are rather a rarity and I do have a few atrocious electric bills coming up.  How about a $100 opening bid for this original photo in excellent condition?  Hey, if I can't afford to buy them ...

     Bob and Carole Lombard in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1941)
                                                                                                         

No comments: