Tuesday, May 25, 2021

But, It's Not Going to Fit on the Marquee, Paul!

 In my pursuit of all things Montgomery, I occasionally find myself buying photo lots for that one elusive picture of Bob I don't have.  Most of the other photos are tossers, but I am your basic photo hoarder so I still have them around ... somewhere.  Last year I came across a lot of five fan photos, one of which was Bob out and about in Beverly Hills in 1943, which I used in a previous post.  As it turns out, all of the five are keepers.  

Paul Henreid had to shorten his name a tad when he entered acting.  Get this one:  Paul Georg Julius Freiherr von Hernreid Ritter von Wasel-Waldingau.  Now that's impressive.  So was Mr. Henreid physically, a robust 6' 3".  I point that out because it looks like he was cornered at night by an aggressive fan as he was headed for his perhaps hotel room (note the number by his shoulder).  I think he is showing tremendous restraint.  

I'll share the others at another time.  Time for me to head off for a needed night's repose.  Oh, and Lovers Courageous (1932) will be available for streaming on TCM until June 20th.  Bob and Madge at their cutest! 

No comments: