Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Seventh Veil - Radio Style

I haven't posted a radio show in a while, so there's no better time than the present.

Today's show comes from Lux Radio Theater, December 13, 1948 - the presentation of The Seventh Veil starring Ingrid Bergman and Robert Montgomery. The show appears to be the same story released as a feature film in 1945 starring James Mason and Ann Todd. I haven't seen the film, so I'm unable to provide any comparisons of the two. However if you have, please let us know what you think.

One hour - 13.5 MB MP3


Since I don't care for witting story summaries, I'll just pull it from the radio show itself: the story of a musician and the man who loves and dominates her. Now get listening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone caught Bob on Sirius Radio's Radio Classics? I have looked at the schedule but it is always generic. Also, an older looking Robert Taylor was on GSN the other night, does he have some wild eyebrows or what? I never noticed that about him.

Thanks for posting Carrie, I hope to listen this Friday afternoon. :O)

John McElwee said...

Just to say I really enjoy your writings and research. The post on Robert Montgomery's father was sad and fascinating. Thanks for all you do.

Carrie said...

Tracy - yeah, saw RT on What's My Line, too. I don't think he got an entire sentence in edgewise! Franchot Tone was just on The Name's the Same...

John - thanks for your kind words! I have to share the thanks with all of the fellow Bob fans who help dig this stuff up!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks, that was nice, I will remember that the next time I am burning the midnight oil digging for Bob stuff. Some days Bob isn't so easy to find.

I got a kick out of Franchot. I had seen him in an episode of the Twilight Zone one time, what a shocker. I didn't know he was into golf.

Carrie said...

I'll have to record that Twilight Zone episode - I see it pop up all the time on TiVo.