Thursday, September 03, 2026

I'm sure Marianne's Day was Made, Anyway!

I had forgotten that this photo is an original Hurrell, his stamp is on the back.  It is a nice photo and all, but it isn't the kind normally associated with Mr. Hurrell.  I'm guessing it was taken as a tie-in to a phone company ad campaign.  I know Bob did an ad for a South American telephone company at about the same time as this was made.

  

I do not know who "Marianne" was, but I don't think Bob actually wrote that part of the autograph.  The letters are much too smooth.  The rest is Bob, who has yet, in 1931, to master his signature.  Note that the small letters are rather awkwardly written, not the wonderfully smooth letters of his autograph from 1933 or so and on through the 1930s and 1940s.  

Nifty isn't it.  



No comments: