Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Man Just Can't Outdo Mother Nature

 I finally broke down and added this photograph to my collection.  It has been available to purchase on eBay for years, but the price was always just a tad higher than I could justify spending for a photo I considered an oddity.  Then the vendor offered it with a discount.  Had to have it.  

                   Robert Montgomery in Trouble for Two (1936)

Yes, it's the moustache.  Clark Gable needed a moustache, looked strange without it.  Bob's beautiful face did not need one, it just makes him look ... well, the word I used to use is probably socially incorrect these days, so, err, let's just go with strange.  And the hairstyle doesn't help.  And that uniform ... thankfully he's not wearing the cap. 

Why mess with perfection?

No comments: