Thursday, November 03, 2022

Hold 'Em Tight, Lady. He's Worth it!

November 5th is the birthday of one of my favorite leading men, Joel McCrea.  My, but he was a beautiful young man, tall with a great physique, wavy hair, etc., etc., etc.  And by all accounts, a nice guy!  Frances Dee was one lucky lady.   

         Joel McCrea and Marian Marsh in The Sport Parade (1931)**

Recognizing actresses, especially non-MGM ladies, is not my forte.  I'm thinking the lady holding onto Joel might be Priscilla Lane (she's small enough!), but can't identify a movie with the two of them.  Any ideas, anyone?   

**  Thanks to Anonymous for the info. re Marian Marsh.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on the SP in the bottom corner of the photo, the film might be “The Sport Parade” if so the actress would be Marian Marsh.

Kathy said...

Good one! And Marian it is. Again my lack of knowledge of anything NOT MGM shows through. Heh, it took me long enough to figure out MGM's picture numbering system! Thanks for the info., much appreciated.

Kathy said...

Just checked out IMDB re Sport Parade....Joel in the showers and Robert Benchley as a radio sports announcer, need to watch this one!