Thursday, August 18, 2022

A Poet, an Actor and a Dog Walk into a Bar ...

Carl Sandburg and Robert Montgomery are the two people in this photo.  That is all I know about it.  Because of the presence of greenery intruding upon the pair, I'm guessing they are on a dais, and Bob was a great master of ceremony which might explain why those two are together having a chat.  I'm also guessing Bob is telling a joke and Sandburg is bracing himself for the punchline.  


Hey, unless you have a better idea ... 

2 comments:

Allison said...

I had to look up Carl Sandburg. one of those names I knew but was not sure why

Kathy said...

Allison and all ... I do apologize for not adding a brief description of Mr. Sandburg. After all, this is a Robert Montgomery and movies blog, certainly not a blog concerning poetry! Wiki has an extensive writeup on Sandburg, the man was immensely talented in several fields. Please check it out to get an idea of the man, even if you're a fellow oldster who grew up in the 1950s/1960s. He was remarkably popular. Cannot imagine someone like him being a celebrity today.

He was so well known that even I know one of his poems.

"The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking over harbor and city on silent haunches and then moves on."