Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Me having "fun" in Quarantined California

Purchased this 1931 magazine a while back.  (Being "isolated" out here in CA, I have had no excuse to not try to catch up on scanning and organizing my Bob stuff.  Have been scanning magazine items for awhile now, almost finished.) The vendor did note that one page had been cut out.  Of course it was Bob's photo that was missing.  Oh, well, the magazine was so inexpensive that I bought it anyway for the other stars' photos. 


A nice photo of William Boyd (Hopalong Cassidy, of course).  Such a great smile.

And handsome Reginald Denny, 40 years old in 1931, but still believable competition for Norma Shearer's heart in Private Lives (1931). 

Chester Morris and his wife were good friends of Bob and Betty early in Bob's career. 

And William Powell ... he of the bedroom eyes.  Classy Dude.

The inside back cover is a collage of photos in the magazine.  Hey, it's Bob on the left. 

A Bob I just happened to have.  Same photo edging as the others, so it is the missing Bob!  Great.  Now I don't have to concern myself anymore, thinking about what Bob photo I missed out on. 


For my next project, I have this rather large, unruly pile of oversized items that need to be scanned.  Most are 11x14 lobby cards, which I used to go to Fed Ex to be scanned.  But there's that stay at home order which nixes that.  So, my husband has offered to help me set up a camera for decent photos to be uploaded to my computer.  This should be interesting, particularly if we can capture some of the posters, pressbooks, etc., which have accumulated over the years.  Not in any particular hurry to get at that task.  The way things look, we may be stay at homes for some time.  I'm glad that my husband and I have been retired for some time.  We're used to a slower pace of life.  Well, I do miss my shopping expeditions! 

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oohh, I look forward to seeing the stuff!

Kathy said...

Carrie: Oh, please don't get your hopes up too much...big does not mean better! A few goodies, yes. Probably a few I don't remember. A treasure hunt...

Debbie: Did you receive the 2 e-mails I sent earlier today? Just wondering. I mean, how could you pass on a knock, knock joke.....

Debbie said...

No, I didn't, but glad to hear you sent them. I was getting worried about you. Sorry I missed the joke. Everyone could use a joke about now.

Kathy said...

Deb - have you checked your spam? There have been other e-mails you did not respond to. How else can we figure out what's going on? The Classic M's viewers will get bored by our personal notes on the blog!!

Kathy said...

Success! Our problem resolved. Deb's account decided to treat my e-mails as spam. A computer commenting on my writing skills?? Really.