Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Yes ... A Large Steak For Me As Well!

A common problem of buying clippings in batches is the incomplete article.  The first page will be in the stack, but the others are missing.  With that in mind, may I present the first page of the article "A Champion" which was published in an unknown magazine.  It is 1945, Bob has newly returned to Hollywood.  'Tis a pleasant piece. 

 






It was the last sentence that really caught my eye!  I have now come across all of four "sightings" of the mysterious brother Donald.  And one of those is that he attended Bob's funeral.  (Of course that is four more times than any reference I have found of Bob speaking of his Mother.)  Always wondered if the brothers looked alike ... nah, I'm sure there is only one Robert Montgomery. 

No comments: