Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Time is flying by so fast this season.  Five days away and I haven't even finished my decorating.  Well, actually, that is not unusual for me, but every year I PLAN to start all the seasonal preparations early enough to be able to sit back and enjoy the days going into Christmas.  Now I'm at the point of trying to decide what I can and cannot accomplish on time.  Christmas cards ... I'm always late so why rush to get them out before Christmas and shock my family and friends?!  My Mom's special recipe oatmeal cookies I was going to bake and send to my brother in Florida ... way too late to do that, might as well aim for Groundhog's Day. 

Sigh ... I just need to let the stress go and enjoy this wonderful time of year.  There's plenty of time to plan the Christmas dinner, decide what favorite Christmas movies we want to watch on Christmas Eve and purchase the champagne to imbibe with the nibbles that evening.  That sounds good, I can handle that.  The rest...well, maybe next year.

Hoping you survive the season and find some peace at this hectic time.  Who knows, if you have been good all year, you may have a surprise visitor come knocking at your door bearing gifts.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Merry Christmas to you all and all yours, I so enjoy this blog, read up on practically everything, even though I don't always stop to say so. Just so you know. many good things over the hol's and into the New Year

Kathy said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you, Kristina. Thanks for the kind words, a much appreciated gift.