Friday, October 13, 2006

Ford & Montgomery

Some thought provoking words from Robert Montgomery. Part of an interview with Lindsay Anderson for the book About John Ford:

LA: Had you thought of directing before you finished off Expendable?

RM:
No. That is, not specifically. I suppose I always had it at the back of my mind that I'’d go on to it one day. But that started me off . . . So little of what I did in Hollywood gives me any pride of achievement. Three or four pictures out of sixty-odd. It's not very much. Ford was the best I ever worked with: the only one I'’d call creative. After Expendable I'd cheerfully have signed a contract to work for him exclusively. I don'’t know that the idea would have appealed to him, of course. But I'd have been happy. He was a genius.


Thanks to Renee for the info!

No comments: