Half the fun is watching the people. Some observances:
- Yes, there are young people who have interests in classic stars. Case in point, a teen flipping through the Jean Harlow & Clark Gable files.
- Half of the show will always be dedicated to horror.
- Middle aged women purchasing piles of horribly reproduced photos of their favorite stars, squealing like little girls when they find Ken Wahl (ha, like I should talk - I'm just not middle aged yet).
- Two words: bootleg DVD.
- Just how are they able to sell newly issued books for half price?
- Flipping through a binder, having a photo of say Gary Cooper directly across from a photo of a nude porn star - a common occurrence.
- Stuff is cheaper than ebay.
- "Do you have a minute" I heard behind my back. Turning around, there was a college-aged woman, holding a big honking microphone in hand, with the a tape recorder slung across her shoulder. In fear of being immortalized on someone's blog (gasp), or edited into a weird YouTube documentary on movie nerds, I politely declined.