Thursday, August 22, 2024

Three Men and a Lady, From Good to Bad to Elegant

 Sometimes a photo will catch my eye, for whatever reason, and provide such enjoyment that I just have to have it ... even if Bob isn't in it!  

Just love the big smile on Audrey Totter's face as she reacts to Edward Arnold's attempt to be the big, bad guy.  I don't know much about Mr. Arnold but have read snip-it's here and there of him being a really nice guy.  It's always refreshing to hear about the good guys in the movie business for a change.


I'm including Mr. Beery primarily because I'm on a diet and the sight of him chewing on a whole chicken with plenty of sides to go with it just set me off.  My stomach actually started to growl.  Aargh ... I need to hurry and finish this post before I lose control. 

                         Wallace Beery in The Bad Man (1941


And for a something completely different:  the amazingly elegant Mr. Colman in a fan card from the 1920s.  Goodness.  Perfection.  


No comments: