Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Bob Looking Dapper in the Rare Black Suit

Bette Davis will appear with Robert Montgomery and Basil Rathbone in the first all-dramatic program of the ''Screen Guild Show'' series on Sunday, January 22 (1939).  Their play is a dramatic original entitled ''Can We Forget" by Mary McCall one of Hollywood's leading scenarists.  George Murphy will be master of ceremonies and Oscar Bradley music director of the broadcast over WABC-Columbia network at 7:30 p.m., EST.  

 

Highly unfavorable hair style Ms. Davis is wearing.  The dress is on the dowdy side as well ... but the mink coat is always a plus.  You'll note there are no smiles in the first photo, but big smiles in the second.  Like maybe they finally saw the cameraman?  


2 comments:

Allison said...

I wonder if Bob and Bette already did not like each other back then.

Kathy said...

LOL....I just realized your comment is about Bette Davis and my mind saw it as Betty Montgomery!! Thus the Thursday blog on Bob & Betty. I begin these posts far too late in my day..............Anyway, I think it was pure dislike from day 1 for Bob & Bette. Too much alike perhaps?