Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is exactly how our meal will look this afternoon ... in my dreams!   I am so unaccustomed to fixing special meals that harried me is just happy to get the food on the table, too tired to worry about how it looks.  It's just my husband and me, but I prepare a full Turkey Day meal.  Until this year, I have gotten the biggest bird I could find, in the 20-23lb. range.  We love turkey sandwiches, so none of it goes to waste, just frozen in small baggies for another day.  Hubby, who has been doing the grocery shopping this year, came home with a 14-lb. bird.  Insisted it was the biggest bird in the store.  Rather guessing it was his way of not having to tell me I wasn't up to hassling with a 21-pounder.  He's a treasure.  Do hope your Day hasn't been disrupted too much by all the interfering politicians.  Enjoy your Day to the fullest.  I will once I have that glass of champagne in hand!!

No comments: