Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Cowboy Eugene was not Singing Sandy

 Okay.  I have to admit it.  I like other male actors besides Mr. Montgomery.  There aren't many, for sure, and none anywhere near to the extent that I love our beautiful Bob.   Compared to Bob, I might say I have a crush on Richard Arlen.  He was just one gorgeous man.  Not known for his acting (who cares!), Arlen made a lot of adventure/western movies.  

I rather like the pairing with Eugene Pallette ... cute couple.                    

            Arlen & Eugene Pallette in The Santa Fe Trail (1930)

 Andy Devine is the sidekick in Raiders of the Desert (1941).  Hey, just imagine a duet sung by Eugene and Andy.  A true delight, I'm sure.  


Quite often Arlen got to court a girl, and win her over almost always.  Below, Julie Haydon is the lucky lady in Golden Harvest (1933).  How could she not say yes.  


 Mr. Arlen was born September 1, 1899 in St. Paul, MN.  Happy Birthday, you gorgeous man!


No comments: