Thursday, June 11, 2020

No More Ladies ... But Why?

Well, yes, I do have to admit it is just great to have an original Hurrell or two in my Bob collection.  That stamp on the back is nice, and the photos themselves are ever so nice. 

      Robert Montgomery & Joan Crawford in No More Ladies (1935)

But, sometimes that stamp and/or the embossed name on front gets in the way of my obtaining a Bob photo that I would ever so much love to have.  And that is indeed frustrating.  This week a photo of a very young Mr. Montgomery was auctioned for $180!!  Lordy, but I so could not afford that.  Now if it hadn't had that darn stamp, I might have been able to stay in the bidding.  Sigh.  It was a gorgeous portrait.  I do hope the winner is a Bob fan, not just a Hurrell buyer, so it can be truly appreciated for a long time. 

No comments: