Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Psssst! Thanksgiving is Almost Here!!!

The holidays are such hectic times.  Too much to do and too many things to cause us to worry.  So easy to overlook the to-give-thanks part of Thanksgiving.  Sometimes it is simply easier to list all the negatives.  But, sometimes it can be surprisingly easy to run across what is good in your life.  Ta-da ... like this photo is for me.  It brought a huge smile to my face the first time I saw it.  Ah, yes, Frank Morgan at his befuddled-king-of-some-before-unknown-country best.  And, as a twofer, under all that ceremonial garb and huge mustache, the ever reliable Reginald Owen.  Just love it.  No need to hear the scene, you know those two are taking turns stealing it, while Ray Bolger is thinking, why am I even in this scene. 

       Ray Bolger, Frank Morgan and Reginald Owen in Rosalie (1937)

Watching old movies is like visiting old friends, for which I am ever grateful.  Since my youth I have kept the company of war heroes, tough private eyes, handsome lovers in tuxedos, and adventurers of all kinds.  Just all kinds of wonderful characters who make me smile, or cry, or simply feel good.  I have rarely been lonely.  Thanks, good friends.  

No comments: