Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Good Things Come in Small Packages

Trade cards are quite small, most seem to be 2-1/4" x 1-3/4", small enough to be included in a pack of cigarettes or perhaps a small chocolate bar.   Would I buy chocolate to obtain a picture of Bob?  Oh, yes.  Would I continue buying the chocolate so I could collect more pictures of Bob?  Yes, of course.  That's what I would call the perfect sales pitch.

Some were extremely well made.  I like that you can collect nifty Bob photos without having to pay a minor fortune for them.   



I found this one just recently.  It is a promotional shot of Bob for the movie Shipmates (1931).  Had not seen the photo before and can only imagine how much the original would cost.  I bought it from a vendor in Holland for just under $5, postage included.  A whole lot of cuteness for such a small amount!


No comments: