Friday, November 21, 2008

A LIFE of Photos

Happiness is rarely seen photos: A good chuck of LIFE magazine's photo archive is now accessible via Google. As the site notes:

Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive, stretching from the 1750s to today. Most were never published and are now available for the first time through the joint work of LIFE and Google.



Search for your favorites, and yes, Robert Montgomery is well represented. The bulk of the Bob photos are from his Eisenhower days, but you'll also spot Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Ride the Pink Horse, and candids.

h/t: Alternative Film Guide


3 comments:

Abe Lucas said...

Thanks for the link! I've already found a Ginger Rogers picture from her Oscar win in 1941, I wish I'd had it when I was writing my Ginger piece for my own blog.

Good stuff.

Carrie said...

You bet! I had my head buried in that search for an hour yesterday trying to think of different search terms.

Raquel Stecher said...

Oh this is absolutely wonderful!