Monday, July 09, 2007

It's a Great Feeling (1949)

Film cameos can be a fun addition to a film. Add a bunch of classic cameos and it's even better. Warner Bros' It's a Great Feeling has a bunch of them - in color. The film stars Dennis Morgan and Jack Carson - as themselves. Jack is directing the film Mademoiselle Fifi and talks his buddy Dennis into starring. From then on, they try to get a small-town girl (from Goerke's Corners, WI - the Two Guys From Milwaukee jokes begin to appear) to star. . . and the fun begins:

Dennis & Gary Cooper

Ronald Reagan

Danny Kaye

Joan Crawford

Edward G. Robinson


Dennis & Jack try to talk Judy (Doris Day) into staying in Hollywood - why would she want to go back to Goerke's Corners to marry her boyfriend, Jeffrey Bushdinkle? Well...he looks a bit like...

Errol Flynn

Also in cameos are Sydney Greenstreet, Patricia Neal, Jane Wyatt, Maureen Reagan, Raoul Walks, King Vidor, Eleanor Parker, and more.

6 comments:

Editor said...

Wow-thanks for showing these great stills of a true star-studded extravaganza!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that looks like so much fun and cute! This one's on my list to watch now, heh - I like these kind of movies - and of course, wouldn't blame her for wanting to marry her boyfriend from back home, heee

Carrie said...

Youbetcha!

Stelly: It was just on TCM, so I'm sure they'll have it again. To be honest, Erroll looks either stoned or seasick in that scene - looks caked in rouge too, but it might just be the Technicolor ;)

Anonymous said...

Gah, I missed it! Noooo! :'( I'll be on the lookout for it now, lol

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how depressed I was to miss this one. I set reminders for myself all over the place but plum forgot.

Thank you for the pics!

Carrie said...

I had no clue of all the stars until I started watching it. TiVo picked it up as a Joan Crawford movie!