Friday, March 30, 2007

Photo Friday - Love That Bob

Today's photo features another Bob - Robert Cummings. Photo is of him & Betty Caufield from The Petty Girl (1950).



Like many of the other actors I've featured on this blog, Bob was also a pilot. He learned to fly while in high school from his godfather, Orville Wright.

Bob was another actor who also transitioned into television, having his own show appropriately titled The Bob Cummings Show (aka Love That Bob). If you haven't seen any of his films, go out and rent Dial M For Murder or Saboteur - both excellent Hitchcock films. Another recommended film, shown on TCM here and there, is The Devil and Miss Jones with Jean Arthur and Charles Coburn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's such a cute picture :D!

And whoa, his godfather was Orville Wright? That is AWESOME.

I've only seen him in Dial Me for Murder - such a great movie! Want to see Saboteur! And The Devil and Miss Jones is so cute!

la peregrina said...

The Devil and Miss Jones. One of my favorite movies. But then again any movie with Jean Arthur and/or Charles Coburn in it is tops with me.

Carrie said...

Y'gotta see 'Saboteur' - it's one of Hitch's best & has many similarities to NxNW.

As for 'Devil' Coburn is great in it. One of my fav. scenes is him fitting shoes for a little snotbag at the department store.

la peregrina said...

As for 'Devil' Coburn is great in it. One of my fav. scenes is him fitting shoes for a little snotbag at the department store.

You made me laugh out loud. I had forgotten that scene.