Friday, November 14, 2008

So Devine

I'm back - sort of. Vacation has taken it's toll on me and I would like to request another to recover.

On the flip side, the closest I've been to classic film this past week has been Kingman, Arizona - home to Andy Devine. They're proud of their native son, who grew up there as a child. Route 66 through town is named in his honor and I think every other store in town has a photo of him up. Good for them. I think I'm going to have to locate my copy of Island in the Sky and rest up a bit now...

5 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome home!!

We went through Kingman a few years ago on the way to the Grand Canyon and got a kick out of Andy Devine Boulevard. :) I think we ate at a Sonic Burger in Kingman on the way to the Grand Canyon, and a Cracker Barrel on the return trip. (We don't have Cracker Barrel in CA!). Hope you had a great trip to AZ.

Best wishes,
Laura

Carrie said...

Yep, we ate at Sonic in Kingman, too. And I had to break down and buy a repro Arizona Route 66 metal sign for the kitchen :0)

Raquel Stecher said...

Welcome back!

Laura said...

LOL re Sonic Burger and the sign. I succumbed and bought a Route 66 mug for my collection somewhere along the way...

Best wishes,
Laura

Carrie said...

Thanks, Raquelle!