Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Beautiful Young Man



Hi!  My name is Kathy, and I'm a movie fan.  A long-time fan --- for far longer than I care to admit.  From the day my Dad finally gave in and bought our first TV, I was glued to the set, watching for any showing of those wonderful movies from the '30s and '40s.  I was transfixed by all the beautiful people and homes, and the fascinating lives they led.  It was a great escape for a young Missouri farm girl.

Zoom forward to 2012 ... My house may not be filled with white bear rugs and gorgeous Art-Deco furniture, but I did escape the farm.  And, thanks to today's technology, I can still watch those beautiful young men and strong women in their great adventures.

Yes, beautiful young men.  A 27 year-old Bob Montgomery is to die for.  Joan Crawford was a strong woman, Bob was beautiful and a fine comedic actor.  He became so much more in his lifetime, the 19th Century idea of a gentleman, a most admirable man.  But, that fantastic smile, the voice ... my.  Thank you, Carrie, for allowing me to share the passion.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Woot! Glad to have ya onboard, Kathy!