Have limited DVR/VCR time? My picks:
- Hide-Out: I never pegged myself as a romantic comedy type, but this one hits the spot.
- The First Hundred Years: This one has a surprising appeal to me I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the business woman in me (watch & find out).
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith: Thee best Bob movie? Hmm...
- Riptide: Weird. I'm still not 100 percent sure why they used bug costumes in the story-line.
- When Ladies Meet: Cute pairing with Myrna Loy and Ann Harding. Double this one up with the Robert Taylor, Joan Crawford version sometime.
- Their Own Desire: Another product of the Norconian Resort.
Saturday, May 16
4 a.m. Riptide (1934)
A chorus girl weds a British lord then falls for an old flame. Cast: Norma Shearer, Robert Montgomery, Herbert Marshall. Dir: Edmund Goulding.
Monday, May 18
9:45 p.m. When Ladies Meet (1933)
A female novelist doesn't realize her new friend is the wife whose husband she's trying to steal. Cast: Ann Harding, Robert Montgomery, Myrna Loy. Dir: Harry Beaumont.
Thursday, May 21
6 a.m. Their Own Desire (1929)
A young couple's affair is complicated by her father's relationship with his mother. Cast: Norma Shearer, Robert Montgomery, Lewis Stone. Dir: E. Mason Hopper.
7:15 a.m. Big House, The (1930)
An attempted prison break leads to a riot. Cast: Chester Morris, Wallace Beery, Robert Montgomery. Dir: George Hill.
8:45 a.m. Strangers May Kiss (1931)
A sophisticated woman risks her marriage for love of a ruthless schemer. Cast: Norma Shearer, Robert Montgomery, Neil Hamilton. Dir: George Fitzmaurice.
10:15 a.m. Hide-Out (1934)
Farmers take in an injured racketeer and try to reform him. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Maureen O'Sullivan, Mickey Rooney. Dir: W.S. Van Dyke II.
11:45 a.m. Last Of Mrs. Cheyney, The (1937)
A chic jewel thief in England falls in love with one of her marks. Cast: Joan Crawford, Robert Montgomery, William Powell. Dir: Richard Boleslawski. BW-98 mins, TV-G, CC
1:30 p.m. First Hundred Years, The (1938)
A working woman doesn't want to give up her career when she marries. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Virginia Bruce, Warren William. Dir: Richard Thorpe.
2:45 p.m. Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941)
A quarrelsome couple discovers their marriage isn't legal. Cast: Carole Lombard, Robert Montgomery, Gene Raymond. Dir: Alfred Hitchcock.
4:30 p.m. Here Comes Mr. Jordan (1941)
A prizefighter who died before his time is reincarnated as a tycoon with a murderous wife. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Evelyn Keyes, Claude Rains. Dir: Alexander Hall.
6:15 p.m. Lady In The Lake (1947)
Philip Marlowe searches for a missing woman in this mystery shot entirely from the detective's viewpoint. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Audrey Totter, Lloyd Nolan. Dir: Robert Montgomery.