Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A Couples of Two

Some picspam to break up your week. And here's something to think about. Bob always on the left-hand side of photos? Smith is the only one below that seems to break the pattern. Ok, enough useless observation.


Biography of a Bachelor Girl - Ann Harding


Blondie of the Follies - Marion Davies


Fast and Loose - Rosalind Russell


Inspiration - Greta Garbo


Letty Lynton - Joan Crawford (and her dress)


Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Carole Lombard


When Ladies Meet - Myrna Loy

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the last one is my favorite; I love his profile. Thanks for the wonderful pictures :)

Abe Lucas said...

I'm always impressed at how often you manage to score FAST AND LOOSE pictures! Naturally, I've added it to my hard drive...I sure wish that whole series would come to DVD, I'm on a big "Husband and Wife Detectives" kick! I don't think that TCM even aired during their Roz "Star of the Month" theme last July! :(

Carrie said...

Kate Gabrielle: My pleasure!

CK: I tend to gravitate toward FnL pics! Let me know if you want a higher res version.

Abe Lucas said...

Carrie: I happily accept your offer! Just send it to hollywooddreamland AT gee mail dot com

And thanks!

Elsie said...

The pic with Roz is hilarious! And I looove Myrna's dress.

Anonymous said...

"Ok, enough useless observation."

dearie, *ANY* observation involving yummy mr. montgomery is *FAR* from useless! :D

The Mr. & Mrs. Smith shot has completely made my day. Cheers! :)

Carrie said...

Kitty: Love your blog...just started reading back posts!

Yellow said...

Nice captures. May I ask, where could one get a large poster of any of those pictures you've posted? I want to frame one of those lovelies and hang it on my wall. It would look marvelous.

Carrie said...

Hi Mary: Hmm, I can't think of any posters off hand. Most were 8x10s from one source or the other. You might want to try one of the poster stores online, but those are mostly classic portraits (search for Hurrell).