Tuesday, December 16, 2008

(Almost) 20 Actresses Movie Meme

I've been 'smacked' (tagged lovingly) by Raquelle from Out of the Past to list my 20 favorite actresses. I'll tell ya, 20 actors would have been a lot easier, but what's the fun in that? Here it goes:


Joan Crawford


Carole Lombard


Myrna Loy


Rosalind Russell


Missy


Norma Shearer


Jean Arthur


Teresa Wright


Lucille Ball (Trailer brakes first!)


June Allyson


Priscilla Lane


Ruth Hussey

I'm sure as soon as I hit the "post" button I'll realize I forgot someone. Who's next? Laura - have you spilled the beans on your top 20 (or so) yet?

6 comments:

Raquel Stecher said...

Such a wonderful list! I can't believe I forgot Priscilla Lane, I really like her.

I admire your selection of photographs too. Especially the one of Rosalind Russell.

Thanks for participating in the smack!

Laura said...

Yes, I've got one :) -- come check it out!

Is the photo of Rosalind Russell publicity for TROUBLE FOR TWO? Love it, as well as your choices -- we have a number of the same actresses listed, and I love some of the names you picked that aren't on my list, like Priscilla Lane and Ruth Hussey.

This has been great fun! Whether or not other film bloggers do it, I plan to do a "20 Favorite Actors" post by year end...

Best wishes,
Laura

Abe Lucas said...

Great list, Carrie. We'll have to circle our wagons to better defend our beloved Roz! ;)

I'm also fond of the pre-eyebrows Joan Crawford.

Carrie said...

Laura - I must be going blind! I must have been channeling June Allyson through you ;0) Yep, the Roz pic is a Hurrell from TF2. Cool, ain't it?!

20 fav actors...hmmm...

And CK - Roz rocks!

Laura said...

Thanks for the info on the Rosalind Russell pic. Very cool!

The photo of Allyson and Ladd was very interesting too, given the history there.

I'm planning to do 20 favorite actors sometime before the end of the year...hope you do it too! (I *wonder* who would head your list...hmmm...!)

Best wishes,
Laura

Carrie said...

The pic of June & Alan is from "The McConnell Story"

Yeah, if your name is Robert, you qualify for my list (lol)!