Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Rich & Young

When you're pumped full of allergy medication, nothing hits the spot better than a romantic comedy where you don't have to do any thinking. I am speaking of Rich Man, Poor Girl from 1938.


"Am I getting a reaction out of you?"
"Definitely."


A cute & entertaining film about a rich real estate tycoon (Robert Young) falling in love for his secretary (Ruth Hussey). He asks for her hand in marriage, but she wants to show him her family first....they're middle class. Family inserts foot into mouth immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've been reading your blog the last couple of months and enjoying it very much.

I watched this movie on TCM and was surprised when the lady with the poodle appeared on the screen. She is Marie Blake, AKA Blossom Rock, the older sister of Jeanette MacDonald. Her bigger claim to fame is from playing "Grandmama" on the old Adams Family television show. Knew it was her the second I heard her voice. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I did not know that about the 'poodle handler'...I'll have to find some old Addams Family reruns on TiVo now!