Thursday, October 10, 2019

A Word About My Other Passion


I am a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan.  Or should I more correctly say fanatic.  I watch most every game they play.  Baseball and floating in the pool are my summer passions.  The prior three seasons they did not make the playoffs and my Octobers were downright depressing, I was lost for something to fill the void. 

Ah, but this year, St. Louis won their division.  September was a real nail biter.  I thought all summer that the Cubs would beat us --- hey, the media said they would! --- but they fell apart at the end.  Thank goodness, because Milwaukee went on this scary winning streak at the end and came too darn close.   

It is nice to win.  And last night we won again, the NLDS this time, winning over the Atlanta Braves.  The Cards were not expected to win, of course.  And I am sure we'll be the underdogs once more.  But, hey, we might just win. 


Meanwhile, it's October 10th and there are a minimum of four more Cardinals games to watch, hopefully many more.  It has been a beautiful October.  Thank you Yadi and the rest of the team for making it so.  Go, Cards!!

No comments: