Tuesday, September 25, 2018

One Handsome Gent (Well-Dressed too!)



This photo was used on the cover of Cine Monde, a french magazine, in 1933. ( I was relieved to discover that there was no inside article on him that I would have to translate, my interest was purely the photo anyway.  Do note the spelling of Bob's name in the blurb!)

28-year-old Bob was just so very handsome, and this is a nifty photo of him.  He appears to be modeling the perfect ensemble for recreational horseback riding, for the country club set.


I later realized I had a sister photo ... two excellent environmental portraits. 


Almost as good as this one, taken a few years later on his new yacht.  Still handsome and wearing the perfect yachtsman attire, I'm sure.  The man had class.  

                                              Bob at 57.

And two alerts for Bob movies on TCM:  Another Language (1933) will be shown tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. EST/11:30 a.m. PST, and The Divorcee (1930)'s showtime is Thursday at 7:30 a.m. EST/4:30 a.m.

No comments: