Thursday, July 21, 2016

Happy July 22nd! (As in, Why Not?!)


I lucked upon this photo a while back, my scan does not do it justice. (Love double-weight photos!) Initially I thought I would use it for Walter's birthday.  But, hey, that isn't until September, so I decided to look for some other tie in for using the photo now.  Checked Greer's birthday, but it's not until September as well.  Thankfully, I ran across this exciting fact not long into my search:  Mrs. Miniver was released in Los Angeles on July 22nd, 1942! 

                            Walter Pidgeon and Greer Garson in Mrs. Miniver (1942)

Great movie ... as many times as I have seen it, I can't help but get teary-eyed at least once.  The picture and Greer got best Oscars, Walter lost out to James Cagney in Yankee Doodle Dandy.  Wow, Mrs. Miniver and Yankee Doodle Dandy in the same year ... tough choices for sure. 

No comments: