Tuesday, October 20, 2015

And the Mystery Person Is.................



I love group photos of stars who appear to have little in common.  Granted, they all seem to be hams, but really, Don Ameche and W. C. Fields singing together?!  Of course the photo did not come with any information as to why this divergent group was posing for a photo.  Perhaps they've come together for a charity event or a morale booster for the troops, does appear to have been taken in the early to mid-40s. 

What I do know is that the stars are Fields, Nelson Eddy, Charley McCarthy, Edgar Bergen, Ameche and Dorothy Lamour.    The guy sitting down ... anyone know who he is? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were all on the radio show The Chase and Sanborn Hour.

Kathy said...

ANON!! You are so right! I really guessed all wrong, didn't even get the right decade. Read up on the show a bit. This cast of the show premiered in May, 1937, and Fields left the show after only a few weeks. Great knowing both the reason for the gathering and when it was taken. The guy will just have to be the mystery guest. Mucho thanks!

Debbie said...

I've solved the mystery!!!! The mystery man is Robert Armbruster, the orchestra conductor for the show.

Kathy said...

Debbie - that's great! Now I know everything about the photo, no nagging mysteries. Makes my day. (Yes, it's a very boring life I lead...)