Monday, August 10, 2009

North By Northwest By Four

Back in June, I visited Mt. Rushmore for the first time. Sadly, I didn't see Cary Grant itching Roosevelt's nose or anything exciting like that. I'm convinced if he did do the "North By Northwest" thing, he would have been arrested. The suit would still look perfect, but don't screw with National Park Rangers.

Which leads me into my actual blog topic: A Blu-Ray release of NxNW (via DigitalBits):

Warners has also announced the release of a 50th anniversary edition of North By Northwest on November 3rd. A DVD SE version and a Blu-ray edition will both be made available. For these releases, the 1959 Hitchcock classic has been newly mastered in 1080p from the original VistaVision elements by virtue of an 8K resolution scan. Two new documentaries supplement the extras carried over from the previous DVD release.

Let's see, I purchased NxNW on VHS, the first DVD issue, the DVD box set, now this? I am such a sucker.


2 comments:

stellypippin said...

Time to spend your money on a worthy cause, which is a fantastic Hitchcock film, lmao

Carrie said...

I spend my money on so many worthwhile causes... :0)