Monday, April 13, 2009

Water Boarding (Minus the CIA)

In the 2009 Bob calendar, July's photo has been somewhat of a mystery: who is the lady with Bob? Carrie Liz dropped me a note thinking it's Dorothy Jordan. I think she's right.



I did some digging - something about the background all of a sudden clicked when she said Dorothy. They're water boarding on Lake Norconian. I dug out my copy of The Norconian Resort by Arcadia Publishing and sure enough, there's a photo that has the same background angle and water board (p. 90). 1930s Love in the Rough starred the two and was filmed at The Norconian.

Heh, then again, I suppose it could be Norma Shearer since they also filmed Their Own Desire at that resort. But I can't picture Norma skimming along a lake . . .

4 comments:

Raquel Stecher said...

That's very neat! I love a good mystery.

You'd be surprised, Norma Shearer was pretty athletic. She did a lot of swimming and jogging to keep her figure. I have a couple pictures of her playing tennis and skiing. Hmmm... maybe I'll post them!

Raquel Stecher said...

Oops I forgot to say, that I want that Norconian Resort book!!!

Carrie said...

Ya learn something every day...I had no idea about Norma!

Elsie said...

Arcadia publishes quite a lot of lovely books!