Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cocktail Per Un Cadavere

Farley Granger is in town next week to promo his new book. In addition to a book signing, the venue is showing Hitchcock's Rope on the big screen. Since (sadly) I won't be able to make the event and see Philip in action, below is my mini tribute to this often ignored, yet techinically interesting movie. I've come to realize either you love or hate Rope. Me - it's one of my Hitchcock favorites.

Really, I'd might more happy if the evil Brandon appeared at the event...

6 comments:

Anna said...

The look on Jimmy's face in that last pic is priceless! He looks like he's thinking "Christ, get me out of here..." Hee hee!

Great pics though.

Editor said...

Thanks for the news about Farley Granger's new book, Carrie. I went to his book-site and viewed some fantastic photographs. I look forward to reading his autobiography....

Anonymous said...

I like Rope, though I'm a bigger fan of 'Vertigo' - but still, great movie.

How cool - Rope on the big screen! :D

Carrie said...

>> "Christ, get me out of here..."
Ha! Classic!

MJ - you're welcome! I'm really surprised he's not selling autog'd books on his site.

Vertigo!? Really, I want to like that movie, but I've never been able to get through the whole thing. Just like 'Rope,' it's an acquired taste!

la peregrina said...

Really, I'd might more happy if the evil Brandon appeared at the event...

Yep. I've always thought that John Dall was under appreciated as an actor. He was also great in Gun Crazy. Love that big goofy grin of his.

Carrie said...

>> Love that big goofy grin of his.

:) !!