Monday, July 31, 2006

Tonight on the BIG Screen

I'm back from vacation. In a nutshell: something bit me on the ankle & it itched & swelled up for a week; it was 100 outside - we camped all week; thunderstorms that look like hell is coming suck. Enough about me.

The event I went to was aviation themed & included an outdoor aviation movie each night on a three story screen. Very cool actually. I ended up watching the first hour of The High & The Mighty (John Wayne, 1954), 633 Squadron (Cliff Robertson, 1964), and The Battle of Britain (Michael Caine, Laurence Olivier & half the free world, 1969). You get goose bumps watching the beginning credits of old movies on the big screen.

Anyhow, Cliff Robertson was there to introduce 633 Squadron. I was hoping to get his autograph, but bounding over masses of people in pitch black doesn't work well.

Why can't they show more classic movies on the big screen? Sigh...

No comments: