Saturday, April 01, 2006

Keechie & Bowie

Watched They Live by Night the other night. I guess it's classified as film noir. It's a 1948 flick with Farley Granger & Kathy O'Donnell. I'm going to be lazy here and pull the plot overview from IMDB:

An escaped convict is injured and is helped by a woman with whom he has an ill-fated relationship.

Whoever thought of the names "Keechie" (Kathy O.) and "Bowie" (Farley) should be tarred and feathered. How more annoying can you get?

Anyhow, the movie felt like Gun Crazy to me, except watered down, and with fewer guns. I ended up watching the whole thing, so there was some interest there.

Farley Granger is odd - I can't put my finger on it. I kinda like him though, especially in Strangers on a Train. I think that's the only other film of his I've seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you love gun crazy too?? you just keeping getting cooler in my eyes.;)

Anonymous said...

I love Gun Crazy. I'm also a John Dall fan...